In 2006, Delta Zeta's National Convention voted to make Starkey Hearing Foundation a philanthropic partner. Since then, Delta Zeta has raised over $5.5 million for Starkey, which has helped to provide hearing aids to over 500,000 recipients around the globe. The Starkey Hearing Foundation was designated as one of our National Philanthropy Partners in 2015.
Through our fundraising, Starkey Hearing Foundation has also:
- Built 70 hearing-focused programs around the world
- Created an After Care program for the continued support of impacted families
- Trained and educated governments on hearing, hearing loss and hearing aids
- Initiated seven national hearing healthcare plans
- Built the Starkey Hearing Institute in Lusaka, Zambia
Delta Zeta’s future support will provide for the expansion of SHI, tuition support for students and education resources to provide needed services in countries across Africa and the world.
Beyond The Fundraising
In addition to financial support, Delta Zeta members also volunteer their time to support Starkey's mission. Dozens of our sisters have traveled on international mission trips to help distribute hearing aids and provide hearing-related healthcare services. They have also volunteered at local Starkey events and fundraisers throughout the country.
- Since 2015, 51 Delta Zetas have attended a mission with the Starkey Hearing Foundation.
- Delta Zeta women have volunteered in 13 countries around the world.
- Over 19,000 patients were given the gift of hearing on the missions that Delta Zetas attended.
The partnership between Delta Zeta and Starkey Hearing Foundation is a powerful example of how our members can make a collective impact globally.
How to Get Involved
There are many ways to get involved with Delta Zeta and Starkey Hearing Foundation. You can:
- Donate to Delta Zeta's dedicated philanthropy campaign.
- Volunteer your time at a local Starkey event or fundraiser.
- Spread the word about Delta Zeta and Starkey Hearing Foundation and encourage others to get involved.
- Send encouragement letters to Starkey Hearing Institute students (Attn: Kirk Richards, Starkey Hearing Foundation, PO Box 41514 Minneapolis, MN 55441)
Every little bit helps. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of people with hearing loss.